Eagle, Clapton and Alien Complex Coils
$5.99 – $7.99
Staple, Eagle and Transformer complex coils are made to impress. These handmade coils require more power than typical coils, but it is well-known that complex coils release tons of vapor and flavor. Make sure your build deck and mod can handle it!
First photo shows available coils from left to right: staple, eagle and transformer.
If you’ve ever wanted to impress someone with your build, but didn’t have the tools or time to make outstanding complex coils, here’s to you.
Complex coils are notoriously hard to perfect. Once upon a time, only the most hardcore vaping enthusiasts had complex coils in their RDA. Our new coils make you a professional in your own right. It took long nights of practice, a drill, and plenty of wire, but we got it right. The culmination of many months of work to get the most flavorful, eye-popping and long-lasting coils has finally come to the logical conclusion. Introducing our first complex coils, available in Eagle, Transformer and Staple styles.
- Eagle coils offer a 0.3mm x 1.2mm wire that is first hand-spun and then wound together. These coils have moderate ramp up and offer phenomenal flavor. Vapor production is consistently at the top during testing. Rated at 0.35Ω resistance, double up for 0.175Ω resistance. Internal diameter of 2.8mm.
- Transformer coils have the least amount of ramp up time, at 0.5Ω resistance and have two wires wound together with an internal diameter of 3mm. Dual coils will register at approximately 0.25Ω resistance. Flavor output is great, and it doesn’t take long to power up, without the need for a lot of wattage. Vapor production is moderate.
- Staple coils are power-hungry monsters that take the longest to ramp up, unless you apply 90 watts or more. They are 3mm in diameter and offer 0.2Ω of resistance each. Double up on these for 0.1Ω resistance, too low for some regulated devices. Be sure your mod goes down that low before purchasing. These photogenic coils look awesome on any deck, but will take forever to heat up at anything under 50 watts. Wider than the other coils, it will require patience with some smaller RDA or RTA. Vapor production is outstanding.
- Clapton coils are set at 0.9 ohms of resistance, a perfect choice for an MTL vape. They do not fit the Kayfun Prime, but they do fit the Kayfun 5 among others.
- N80 Fused Clapton coils are designed for use with temperature control or without, with Nichrome and Kanthal spun together at around 0.3Ω of resistance. Includes a coil building tool.
- Alien Clapton Coils look stunning on your deck, made from Kanthal with a resistance of 0.2Ω. These coils remind you of a herringbone pattern.
- Framed Staple Coils are wrapped with Nichrome and Kanthal and register around 0.3Ω. Aside from looking awesome, they include a coil building tool.
- Staple Staggered Fused Clapton coils have huge leads that won’t fit on all RDA/RTA. These are giant coils, wrapped four times at around 0.2Ω of resistance.
- Fused Clapton Coils are built with Nichrome and Kanthal, with a 3mm diameter and a resistance of about 0.25Ω – 0.3Ω. Includes a coil building tool.
Coils are shown on the Goon RDA deck (sold separately).
Please exercise caution when using rebuildable atomizer coils. Electronics knowledge is necessary. Rebuildable atomizers and coils are for experts only. Origin Vape LLC, its employees, and affiliates absolve themselves of all responsibility with regard to improper usage. Use at your own risk.
Rebuildable atomizer coils and wicks have known risks.
Rebuildables are for experts, not average or beginner vapers with no ohm meter or knowledge of how to use an ohm meter, or when an ohm meter must be used, or how electronic devices work. These materials cannot safely be used by the inexperienced or those without working knowledge of electronics.
This is due to the fact that:
- A rebuildable coil/wick MUST be tested carefully with an ohm meter before it is used.
- If it is not tested it is entirely the risk of the user.
- Wicks/coils WILL short circuit electronic devices if not installed properly and can cause batteries to vent and possibly explode. Be sure you are using the correct batteries with a mod and a rebuildable atomizer, such as a high amp continuous cell.
- New coils should ideally be tested and then used first without wicks to ensure that they fire up and do not cause a short. This also helps burn off kanthal machine oil used during manufacture that helps with flavor. This is called “dry burning” and is an important element in building an atomizer.
- No new coil/wick assembly should be used on an electronic device until known to be safe.
- These items destroy electronic devices if not installed properly.
- Please keep in mind all user battery safety when rebuilding. Use of rebuildable atomizers is at your own risk.
|Complex Coil Style||
Eagle 10-Pack, Clapton 0.9Ω 2-Pack, N80 Fused Clapton 8-Pack, Alien Clapton 2-Pack, Framed Staple 8-Pack, Staple Staggered Fused Clapton 2-Pack, Fused Clapton 8-Pack