5′ Kanthal Wire 32 Gauge A-1
Kanthal Wire 32 Gauge is a very thin, extra resistant wire that is practical in applications where the deck on an RTA is very small and hard to build. This wire is not made for general-purpose building and can be difficult to build.
Note: spool may vary.
Comes with five feet of Kanthal wire 32 gauge for rebuilding RDA and RBA units. Made proudly in the USA. A-1 wire has a higher maximum operating temperature, 1500°C, than other wire, such as Kanthal D, which maxes out at 1300°C. It also has higher tensile strength. A-1 has high resistivity, resists wet corrosion more effectively, and has higher hot and creep strength. A-1 is the best suited wire for rebuildable atomizers.
- 22% chromium (Cr), 5.8% aluminum (Al), Iron (Fe) balance
- Density: 7.1 g/cubic cm
- Tensile strength: 680 n/mm²
- Melting Temperature: 1500°C (2732°F)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 1400°C (2550°F)
- Density: 0.256 lbs/cubic in.
- Specific heat capacity @ 68°F: 0.11 Btu/lb°F
- 32 GA – 13.1 Ohms p/ft
Please exercise caution when using rebuildable atomizer coils. Electronics knowledge is necessary. Rebuildable atomizers and coils are for experts only. Origin Vape LLC, its employees, and affiliates absolve themselves of all responsibility with regard to improper usage. Use at your own risk.
Rebuildable atomizer coils and wicks have known risks.
Rebuildables are for experts, not average or beginner vapers with no ohm meter or knowledge of how to use an ohm meter, or when an ohm meter must be used, or how electronic devices work. These materials cannot safely be used by the inexperienced or those without working knowledge of electronics.
This is due to the fact that:
- A rebuildable coil/wick MUST be tested carefully with an ohm meter before it is used.
- If it is not tested it is entirely the risk of the user.
- Wicks/coils WILL short circuit electronic devices if not installed properly and can cause batteries to vent and possibly explode. Be sure you are using the correct batteries with a mod and a rebuildable atomizer, such as a high amp continuous cell.
- New coils should ideally be tested and then used first without wicks to ensure that they fire up and do not cause a short. This also helps burn off kanthal machine oil used during manufacture that helps with flavor. This is called “dry burning” and is an important element in building an atomizer.
- No new coil/wick assembly should be used on an electronic device until known to be safe.
- These items destroy electronic devices if not installed properly.
- Please keep in mind all user battery safety when rebuilding. Use of rebuildable atomizers is at your own risk.