5′ Kanthal Wire 20 Gauge A-1
Kanthal Wire 20 Gauge has a very low resistance rating and is suitable for very sub-ohm builds. This wire is hard to work with because of the thickness, but it is rewarding when your build produces huge vapor plumes!
Note: spool may vary.
Out of stock
Comes with five feet of Kanthal wire 20 gauge per order. Made proudly in the USA. A-1 wire is great for rebuilding RDA and RBA units. This wire has a higher maximum operating temperature, 1500°C, than other wire, such as Kanthal D, which maxes out at 1300°C. It also has higher tensile strength. A-1 has high resistivity, resists wet corrosion more effectively, and has higher hot and creep strength. A-1 is the best suited wire for rebuildable atomizers.
Please note: this is very thick wire and could be tough to use in certain RDA or RBA applications. We are not liable for damage to an atomizer by using this wire, please be cautious. This wire is for experienced builders only.
- 22% chromium (Cr), 5.8% aluminum (Al), Iron (Fe) balance
- Density: 7.1 g/cubic cm
- Tensile strength: 680 n/mm²
- Melting Temperature: 1500°C (2732°F)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 1400°C (2550°F)
- Density: 0.256 lbs/cubic in.
- Specific heat capacity @ 68°F: 0.11 Btu/lb°F
- 20 GA – 0.814 Ohms p/ft
Please exercise caution when using rebuildable atomizer coils. Electronics knowledge is necessary. Rebuildable atomizers and coils are for experts only. Origin Vape LLC, its employees, and affiliates absolve themselves of all responsibility with regard to improper usage. Use at your own risk.
Rebuildable atomizer coils and wicks have known risks.
Rebuildables are for experts, not average or beginner vapers with no ohm meter or knowledge of how to use an ohm meter, or when an ohm meter must be used, or how electronic devices work. These materials cannot safely be used by the inexperienced or those without working knowledge of electronics.
This is due to the fact that:
- A rebuildable coil/wick MUST be tested carefully with an ohm meter before it is used.
- If it is not tested it is entirely the risk of the user.
- Wicks/coils WILL short circuit electronic devices if not installed properly and can cause batteries to vent and possibly explode. Be sure you are using the correct batteries with a mod and a rebuildable atomizer, such as a high amp continuous cell.
- New coils should ideally be tested and then used first without wicks to ensure that they fire up and do not cause a short. This also helps burn off kanthal machine oil used during manufacture that helps with flavor. This is called “dry burning” and is an important element in building an atomizer.
- No new coil/wick assembly should be used on an electronic device until known to be safe.
- These items destroy electronic devices if not installed properly.
- Please keep in mind all user battery safety when rebuilding. Use of rebuildable atomizers is at your own risk.